If you’re looking to get a new chimney or have your existing chimney restored, Mortar City Masonry is here for you. We have a large crew of hand-selected specialists who can take on nearly any challenge related to brickwork. From simple brick crack repairs to complete chimney rebuilding, our bricklayers do it all. Contact us at (586) 533-1305 to learn more about chimney installation in St. Claire Shores MI.
Masonry Chimney Repair and Chimney Installation in St. Clair Shores MI
Mortar City Masonry is a one-stop shop for brick and hardscaping services. Our expertise extends well beyond brick chimneys, and our services include:
- Brick Repair Services, Including Brick Restoration, Tuckpointing, Repointing, and Brick Inspections
- Chimney Installation for the Brick Portion of the Chimney
- Brick Paving and Paver Leveling
- Beautiful Patios, Fire Pits, Brick Porches, and Driveways
- Cultured Stone and Limestone Steps
- And Other Custom Masonry Services
If you’d like a quote for the brick repair, paving, or chimney installation, please contact us at (586) 533-1305.
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE ESTIMATE TODAY
Experience headache-free service, and honest and fair pricing from the fine folks at Mortar City Masonry. We service the entire metro Detroit area and you will love your finished result!
Will a New Chimney Add Value to My House?
Having a chimney and fireplace on your home can certainly grab buyer’s attention. If you have a chimney already or you’re building a new house with a chimney, you may see an uptick in your return. However, the cost of adding a chimney to an already built house may not be worth the return you’d get. If you’re getting chimney installation for your forever home, the return probably doesn’t matter. If you’re planning an investment though, you may be better off getting a brick patio in the back or expanding your front porch instead.
Chimney Safety Tips to Protect Your Home and Your Family
Whether you use your fireplace often or purely have it for the show, it’s important to care for your chimney. Here are some chimney safety tips to protect your property and the loved ones within it:
- Get a Chimney Inspection and Cleaning Once Per Year
- Complete Chimney Repairs before Using the Fireplace
- Keep Flammable Objects at Least 36 Inches away from Your Fireplace
- Only Use Ignition Sources for Your Fireplace That Are Specifically Designed for That Purpose
- Do Not Burn Paper, Leaves, or Wrapping in the Fireplace Because the Embers May Travel Quickly
- Cut off Overhanging Branches near the Top of Your Chimney
- Do Not Leave a Fire Running Unattended